Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green seen all over Spring Training on St. Patrick's Day


Tedi the Leprechaun is a fixture at the Red Sox's St. Patrick's Day game.

The first thing Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Kameron Loe did after waking up Saturday was to dye his facial hair green. It is, after all, St. Patrick's Day.
"It's kind of a tradition I've got," says Loe. "I'm a quarter-Irish or so. I have a little fun on St. Patrick's Day. It's about the only hair I can grow, so I figured why not color it green?"


On Saturday, green was all over spring training -- and it wasn't just the well-manicured baseball diamonds. It has become an annual tradition throughout the Grapefruit and Cactus leagues.


"It's a good day to wear green," said Giants closer Brian Wilson, who has also died his beard on past St. Patrick's Days. "Everybody likes to wear green on St. Patrick's Day."